Saturday 14 July 2012

Stunning book review

The 11th book in the pretty little liars series by Sara Shepard. Warning, there will be some slight spoilers!

Synopsis:
In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four stunningly beautiful girls are haunted by a very ugly past. Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily want nothing more than to forget Alison DiLaurentis, their former best friend who tried to ruin their lives. But someone refuses to let her memory die. A is still out there, lurking in the shadows and digging up the pretty little liars' newest secrets.
Emily's reconnecting with an old flame, one baby step at a time. But is she headed toward true love or another bundle of heartache? Spencer's learning about the highs and lows of campus life on a trip to Princeton. Aria's seeing a whole new side to Noel's dad—and it could drive a wedge between her and Noel. And, for better or worse, Hanna's getting in touch with her inner A.
Secret by secret, lie by lie, the girls get tangled in A's dangerous web. A knows about everything, from their tiniest transgressions to the awful incident in Jamaica. Soon A will have enough ammunition to pull the trigger and end the pretty little liars, once and for all. . . 

This series seriously never gets old. When i found out that Sara Shepard was continuing on after book 8 i told myself i wouldn't continue reading, but i just couldn't help myself! They are just too amazing!

Sara Shepard does the quad-narrating thingo so good! You would think you would get confused as to who was narrating, but that never happens. I always know which girls' POV we are in and she really pulls it off. Even though the struggles the girls face are pretty unrealistic, Shepard still makes it believable and makes you think it could really happen. I  love how throughout the series the characters have really grown and developed.

I was totally rooting for Noel and Aria! Have been since forever. It was killing me how Aria wouldn't tell him about what she saw, in my head i was screaming just tell him!! I just couldn't see them break-up again! I loved that Hannah and Kate are finally starting to develop a relationship, it's about time! But i thought Hannah got pretty petty in this book. She rejected Mike and then went for him after he got a girlfriend? Don't get me wrong, i want them together but Hannah has more class than that. Spencer was... interesting in this book. I like Spencer, but I'm so over with her always wanting to be on top and have the best of everything. She goes to the extremities to be with the best, i think she needs to take a chill pill. And Emily. Wow. I did not expect that from Emily. But i really felt for her. I never liked Emily, but she's starting to grow on me. And I'm totally rooting for her and Isaac! 

Overall, it was a great book. Lived up to all expectations. I'm still puzzled as to who A could be, although i do have my theories. Cannot wait for Burned, it needs to come out now!!

4 smileys!

                                                

2 comments:

  1. Emily is so annoying... Why can't she just go out with Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Isaac is pretty groovy

    ReplyDelete